Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When you're a jet...

I just love Jets' fans. What a classy group!! They are, you know, from New York City, one of the most culturally rich cities in the world. What fine representatives of this magnificent metropolitan area they make!
Now that the Jerks, I mean Jets, are facing off against the Stealers, I have to root for them simply because, adding up all the immoral behavior for both teams, the Stealers still have a slight edge and that's even when factoring in Brett Favre's digit-al messages.
Whether Jets fans are worse than Stealers fans is another debate. I like to compare my support for the Jets at this juncture to America's support of the Afghan fighters during the Carter and Reagan eras. Yes, it led to the downfall of the Soviet Empire but now look...
Well, at least the Ravens beat the Jets on their home turf this year.
Like the Ravens, the Jets have only been to the Superbowl once and they won it. I remember that Superbowl, it starred the legendary Joe Namath. Here's a clip of Broadway Joe reminding us of what a classy guy he still is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk
But don't forget the fans. What a great bunch of guys. Here's a clip of one spirited fan in San Diego:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqd_5fC7ZI
And some more wholesome fans in Indianapolis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFJxNVpvOk
So, good luck, you classy Jets! Let's hope you win. Otherwise, Jets's head boaster and trash talker Rex Ryan will be caught with a foot in his mouth. Ok, strike that:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/22/michelle-ryan-foot-fetish-video_n_800138.html

No comments: